Nafasi mpya za kazi shirika la chakula duniani (FAO), New Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania, Find the latest NGO Jobs in Tanzania, FAO Tanzania Carriers, key job responsibilities, FAO is currently implementing Global Environnent Facility.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) supports governments and regional bodies to address their needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources.
FAO is currently implementing Global Environnent Facility (GEF) -7 Dryland Sustainable Landscape Forest Management Impact Program (DSL/SFM IP) in Tanzania, the project titled, “Integrated Landscape Management in the Dry Miombo Woodlands of Tanzania”. Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
New Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania 2022-NGO Jobs in Tanzania
FAO is seeking to recruit a National Project Support Specialist to provide technical support in the monitoring and implementation of this GEF-7 project, The National Project Support Specialist will also provide technical support on various projects in area of Environment and climate change, particularly in relation supporting formulation/designing, monitoring, and implementation of projects.
The post is located in FAO Representation in Tanzania, with the incumbent also working with other units in an integrated and cross-sectoral approach.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
The National Project Support Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, and that of the direct technical supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), and guidance from other technical officers at the FAO Headquarter, Regional and Sub regional offices, and working in close collaboration with other relevant officers at the country office… Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
The National Project Support Specialist will provide technical support on various project in area of natural resource management, Environment, climate change, and programme/project management support particularly in relation to formulation/designing, monitoring, and implementation. Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
Tasks and responsibilities
The National Project Support Specialist (Environment and Climate Change) will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide day to day project delivery support to the Operational Partners (OPs), Project Management Unit (PMU) and support the monitoring and implementation of OPs Risk Mitigation Plans.
- Support execution of the DSL-IP child project for Tanzania and other related projects on Environment and Climate Change
- Support project start-up and inception phase.
- Ensure coordination support to the Project Management Unit for coherent delivery of the project in the context of complex implementation arrangements including numerous executing and sub executing agencies.
- Support the OP in the actualization and harmonization of relevant reporting frameworks in line with FAO and GEF standards.
- Support the OPs in the preparation of work plans and budgets ensuring compliance with FAO rules/regulations as specified under the signed OPAs.
- Coordinate and follow up contracting of spot checks and audits through external audit firm in line with the assurance activities plan provisioned in the Operational Partnership Agreement.
- Support in the streamlining of Monitoring &Evaluation roles and responsibilities across the numerous executing and sub-executing agencies.
- Collect, research, analyses, and synthesize information for preparation of projects targeting the Green Climate Fund, GEF-LDCF, and National Forest Monitoring and Assessment II project (NAFORMA II).
- Support engagement and communicate regularly with stakeholders at national, regional, and district levels, and these include government ministries/institutions, CSOs, NGOs and private entities, to obtain their inputs to inform design and delivery of projects; and
- Perform any other duties as specified by the supervisor, in support and furtherance of the FAO mission, goals and strategic framework. Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University degree in Environment, climate change, conservation/climate-smart agriculture, community development, natural resources management (NRM), forestry and/or related fields.
- 5 years ‘experience working with international/regional organizations, government and national institutions dealing with environment/climate change, forestry, NRM, land management.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement. Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
- Relevant experience Project/Programme development, Project analysis, coordination, management and implementation.
- Proven work experience in international, or regional and national organizations.
- Good skills in facilitation of workshops, meetings, training and or similar events, and excellent ability to conduct consultations with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in managing and coordinating programmes in Natural Resources, Climate change and Environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, organize the work elements in a complex, dynamic and difficult environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills.
- Good communication and computer literacy.
- Ability to gather, organize and analyse information.
- Capacity to interact professionally with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to organize workshops, meetings, travel and other project development logistical issues.
- Willingness to work extended hours and respond to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
MODE OF APPLICATION
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania
ALSO YOU MAY READ
Job Vacancy at FAO Tanzania