Looking for mining jobs-Current Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mine 2022 | apply for environmental technician at Geita Gold Mine (GGM), main key accountabilities, mode of application..
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mine
Current Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mine 2022-Environmental Technician
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 1 – Environment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time Contract
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Coordinator 2 – Environment
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role exists to carry out environmental monitoring data collection through sample collection, laboratory analysis as well as fetching data from monitoring devices. The role holder will also assist in managing environmental monitoring data securely and efficiently using available data management tools.
- A minimum of a Diploma in environmental sciences/engineering, or any related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Environmental monitoring, preferably in the Mining Industry.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Water Quality Sampling and Analysis
- Inspecting sampling points and routes
- Calibrating multi-parameter meters
- Physical parameters measurements
- Sample preservation
- Preparing Chain of Custody (CoC)
- Transportation of samples to the laboratory
- Conducting microbial analysis at the onsite laboratory.
- Follow up with the laboratory contact person to get analytical results Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mine
Air quality data collection
- Exposing, collecting, and transporting fall out dust bottles to a laboratory.
- Exposing, collecting, and transporting diffusion tubes to a laboratory.
- Downloading respirable dust data from dust monitors.
- Transportation of samples to a laboratory
- Follow up with laboratory to get analytical results
Meteorological data collection
- Fetching meteorological data from weather stations
Blast Noise and Vibration data collection
- Measuring blasting related noise and vibration
Monitoring equipment maintenance and repair
- Update monitoring equipment inventory
- Update and keep to calibration and maintenance schedules
- Regular inspection and on-site calibration of devices as required
- Upload data onto the monitoring database on a regular basis
- Retrieve and share data as requested by data users.
- Skills and knowledge on environmental monitoring requirements
- Ability to use a range of environmental monitoring tools
- Skills and knowledge on monitoring equipment maintenance requirements
- Experience in environmental data management tools. Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mine
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 1 – Environment”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 27th March 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ALSO YOU MAY LIKE