Searching for the latest job vacancies, here are the new job opportunities at African Union (AU), Nafasi za kazi Umoja wa Nchi za Afrika, African Union Carries, apply for accountant assistant and senior legal officer at African Union (AU)..
New Job Opportunities at African Union (AU) 2022
1. Accountant Assistant
• Preparation of payments and ensure proper filling and custody of all payments documents.
• Posting of various financial transactions in SAP system and perform necessary General ledger reconciliations.
• Ensure timely submission, collection and filling of all receipts from suppliers and service providers paid by the Court;
• Assist in carrying out monthly bank reconciliation;
• Assist in monitoring of financial commitments in keeping with relevant allocations and approved financial regulations;
• Engage in production of management account reports;
• Handling of office Petty cash
• Preparation and follow up of the Organisation VAT refunds
• Engage in Internal and External Audit exercises.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
• Demonstrate professionalism abilities;
• Concentration and high level of accuracy;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment and under minimum supervision;
• Good planning and organizational skills;
• Good communication skills and respect for confidentiality;
• Knowledge of international organizations;
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
• Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages. Good knowledge of at least one other language will be an added advantage.
• Computer literacy (including good knowledge of ERP-SAP and/or S4 Hana).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
2. Senior Legal Officer (Compliance and monitoring of judicial decisions)
Purpose of Job
Provide support to the Court and liaison with the AU Policy Organs, Member States and other stakeholders on implementation and execution of the Court’s judicial decisions
• Prepare periodic studies and reports on the status of implementation of judicial decisions of the Court for use by the Court, the AU Policy Organs and other stakeholders.
• Organize as necessary, consultations, dialogues and public hearings with Parties, Member States and relevant stakeholders on implementation of the Court’s judicial decisions.
• Conduct research on reparations practices and procedures of comparable judicial institutions and of relevant quasi-judicial organs to inform the Court’s policy and guidelines on reparations.
• Liaise with the Secretariat of the Executive Council of the African Union on preparation of concept notes, position papers and studies with regard to the operationalisation of the framework of monitoring execution of the Court’s judicial decisions.
• Perform any other duties as required
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• University degree in Law.
• An advanced University degree in law with a specialisation in international human rights law will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of eight (8) years relevant professional experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
• Experience in diplomatic service; and
• Thorough demonstrable knowledge of the practice, procedure and case-law of the African human rights system will be an added advantage. New Job Opportunities at African Union