Looking at the latest jobs in Tanzania, apply for the current job opportunities at WWF Tanzania 2022, Nafasi za kazi WWF, If you have been looking to work at the World Wide Fund as Fisheries Officer here you got a good opportunity to apply.
The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of wildlife conservation and reducing human impact on the environment. It was previously called the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States. Job Opportunities at WWF
OHER JOBS YOU MAY LIKE:
Current Job Opportunities at WWF Tanzania 2022
JOB TITTLE: Fisheries Officer
COMPANY: World Wide Fund
Location: Dar es salaam-Tanzania
- Fisheries Officer, supports formation and capacity building of production management units, CFMAs and associated networks including fisheries resource control.
- He/she facilitates CAS data collection, analysis and reporting. Closely supports the project and program to develop a local area management strategy for priority fisheries (shrimp, octopus and small pelagic fish), develop Village Local Area Management Plans (BMUs) and CFMA levels as well as support the development and updating of community fisheries regulations (BMUs) that promote sustainable management fisheries resources in the waters of their villages.
- He/She supports catch-catch (CAS) collection and analysis in the project area, data monitoring, and evaluation, and supports BAF project implementation for technical reporting. Liaises with local government authorities in the project area, fisheries related NGOs, district and grassroots partner organizations on all coastal related events such as Fisherman’s Day, Farmers’ Day, Mangrove Day, Whale Shark Day and World Ocean Day. Job Opportunities at WWF
- Supports and supports the establishment of a Human and Biosphere Reserve in the project area as well as the implementation of ACAIs ocean practices, SWIO area plans, coral reef rescue initiatives, SDG 14 goals, spatial planning and a sustainable blue economy in relevant ocean sectors.
- He/she supports the introduction and innovation of ideas on Community-Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM), Climate-Smart, ICT4Fisheries and Integrated Fisheries Management approaches and linking these ideas to other marine project components including livelihoods;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project work plans, activity plans, field budgets, advance funding requests, and concept notes
- Ensure smooth cooperation with project staff and other parties to accomplish project activities and objectives.
- Financial responsibility may include working within available budgets, and managing the field budget and allowances for local communities and other project partners. WWF Tanzania Jobs
- Create high quality field stories and image database in collaboration with the Project/Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Ensure compliance with WWF internal policies and external requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment.
- May work in changing climatic conditions, in remote locations, in difficult difficult conditions.
- Frequent trips within the Seascape area, the Dar es salaam WWF office and other parts of the country
- Responsible for managing the performance of his project, through training and career development with the assistance of BAF
- Project Leader and Marine Program Coordinator.
- It identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: courage, integrity, respect and cooperation. Job Opportunities at WWF
Required knowledge and skills:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marine Ecology, Fisheries Management or Aquaculture and 5 years experience in fisheries resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Tanzanian fisheries legislation, fisheries and other relevant NR policies and demonstrated experience working with local resource users and management institutions such as beach management units (BMUs), local government authorities and Fisheries Department.
- Experience in community mobilization, coordinating and conducting trainings for local residents
- Experience working in remote rural areas and with a variety of people including women, youth, the elderly and people of varying abilities. Job Opportunities at WWF
Mode of Application
Additional information, including terms of reference, can be obtained through the web address: http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/. Applications must include a full cover letter and CV with full contact details of three referees and must be sent to the Director of People and Culture, via email: email@example.com by Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 4:30 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam or via zoom video conference.