Look at latest jobs opportunities in Tanzania, Latest Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania, Apply for HVAC Maintenance Worker, If you have been looking to work at U.S Embassy Tanzania here you may apply.
The United States Embassy in Dar es Salaam is the diplomatic mission of the United States in Tanzania. Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania
Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania| HVAC Maintenance Worker
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title: HVAC Maintenance Worker (HVAC Mechanic)
- Open Period: 03/14/2022 – 03/28/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+3
- Series/Grade: LE – 1210 6
- Salary: TZS TSh24,989,567
- Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 Hours per week
- Promotion Potential: LE-6
- Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible: No For More Info:
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of HVAC Maintenance Worker (HVAC Mechanic) in the Facility Management Section.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses: No
- Reimbursed: Occasional Travel
- Travel Required: Occasional Travel.
- Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Operation – 50%
- Installs and repairs HVAC systems and ensures that all tasks are completed in accordance with applicable codes and manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Responds to emergency calls during off-duty hours when critical systems stop functioning, or when there is an imminent threat to the safety of personnel or structural integrity.
- Installs, removes, relocates, repairs, and tests HVAC equipment and components to ensure performance.
- Addresses existing or potential problems and makes recommendations to ensure systems and equipment meet the design and manufacturers’ operating parameters.
- Orders and stocks HVAC supplies and replacement parts to ensure availability for future needs.
- Assists in developing and executing testing and inspection checklists to ensure quality work by contractors and staff.
- Contributes to the safety program managed by the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (FM).
Maintenance – 40%
- Performs preventive maintenance by inspecting, adjusting and troubleshooting HVAC systems and equipment to ensure reliable operation and uninterrupted air supply to critical facilities.
- Provides routine inspection on all systems and prepares written reports on their condition, including all key performance indicators in conformance with the reporting requirements of the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) Annual Facility Condition Survey and Annual Inspection Summary.
- Assists in developing and executing a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for HVAC systems, equipment and associated components and controllers. Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania
Logistics – 10%
- Records and compiles operational data, completing and maintaining forms, logs, and reports
- Assists in preparing documents for maintenance, repair and renovation, including soliciting and monitoring contractors.
- Escorts local contractors at post facilities when required.
**Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial HVAC systems is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required and/or completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the HVAC field is required.
- Language: Limited knowledge (reading, speaking, and writing) in English is required and Good working knowledge (reading, speaking, and writing) in Kiswahili is required. “This may be tested”SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Driver’s license is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Completion of secondary school – Certificate
• completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the HVAC field – Certificate
• Driver’s License
• National ID copy
• Proof of Citizenship
• Other Document
Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania
- Next Steps:
- What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
Job Vacancies at U.S. Embassy Tanzania
ALSO YOU MAY BE INTERESTED FOR
List of Names Called for Another Interview at TRA (ICT) 2022