Search and Find the Current Job Vacancies in Tanzania, Latest Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining Limited 2022, Looking to for the mining jobs-Apply Here at Geita Gold Mining Limited, The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti..
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
ALSO YOU MAY BE INTERESTED FOR:
Latest Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining Limited 2022
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 2 – Radio
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Auto Electrical
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to perform and complete all task assignments so that all the HME / LME on site are maintained to the original equipment manufacturer standards (OEM) and provide “fit for purpose” to the mining operations team for safe and efficient use in achieving the business plan. Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining
By using the correct work methods and safety precautions, to the required quality standard, completing tasks on time, and effectively using the resources given for each task. Tasks include all workshop assignments, including housekeeping, inspections, electrical works, and other assignment related to the Auto Electrical workshop.
The ultimate aim of this role is to assist the Senior Supervisor in reducing the re-do work for all the work executed within the Auto Electrical work function and thus reduce the MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure). As a Radio Technician, you will be expected to provide guidance and support to the team when needed. Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining
- Minimum: VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One / Level Three in Electronic and Telecommunication and VHF/UHF Radio Communication or its equivalent.
- Added advantage: Degree / Advanced Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication and VHF/UHF Radio Communication or its equivalent.
- Added advantage: Full Technician Certificate (FTC) / Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication and VHF/UHF Radio Communication or its equivalent.
- Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the maintenance of VHF/UHF, Digital/Analog Radio Communication System, GSM, Solar System and installation.
- Ability to do Trouble Shooting and Repairs of VHF Repeater/Combiners and Duplexer tuning and setup
- Knowledge of procedures for the repairs and maintenance of Telecommunication Towers
- Knowledge of Radwin and Cambium Radio link setup
- Data and Voice Link Establishment
- Fibre Optic spicing and Configuration
- Knowledge on TrBonet Watch & TrBonet Enterprise, CCTV, Networking and Backup System repairs.
- Knowledge on Solar Energy installation and Backup System
- Knowledge on Leaky Feeder Tunnel Radio Communication and Headend unit System switching and Configuration
- Installation of 2 Way Radio on Heavy Mining Equipment’s. e.g. Caterpillar Machines, RH340, RH170 Excavators and Terex Machines MT4400 and Komatsu
- Proven experience in Troubleshooting and maintenance of 2 Way Radio Communication System
- Knowledge on Auto Electricals system and Air Conditioning system and repairs will be an added advantage. Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that the work is conducted in a safe working practices and procedures in the Workshop and GGM at large.
- Repair and maintain a wide range of 2 Way Radio Communication System and standalone Towers.
- Install Repeaters, Radwins and Configuration of VHF/UHF Frequency selections and code plug configuration
- Install solar system and backup battery system
- Operate required tools and equipment in a safe and accountable manner.
- Use approved work methods to solve problems and decide what to take or not to take.
- Engage with the work execution teams to contribute to planning details from those expected to do the work.
- Incorporate work execution team into planning packages.
- Plan work to minimize impact on operating performance without exceeding the required by date for work completion.
- Demonstrate work behaviours consistent with the Company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviours, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements
- Observe all safety requirements relevant to the job in hand
- Report to Supervisor any unsafe equipment immediately
- Ensure that the work is performed to the OEM’S requirements, and that best fitment and installation practices are adhered to and impacted to the workforce
- Conduct inspection of equipment’s for damages or defect and records findings.
- Do all the repair works accordingly.
- Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required by Date for work completion.
- Always maintain housekeeping standards.
- Repair equipment and report completion of tasks to Supervisor
Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mining
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 2 – Radio”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 20th March,2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
FOR MORE INFORMATION DO NOT HESITATE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE MINE>>HERE