UP Online Application Process;- up online application 2022, up application, apply online to join UP, university of pretoria online application, up online application 2023, up online application login.
Read all the steps here to determine the procedures relevant to your application to study at the University of Pretoria in 2022/2023.
Non-South African nationals should also consider the steps below with specific reference to important information on page 1 of the UP Pretoria prospectus.
UP Online Application Process for 2022-2023
Is it UP Online Application open for 2022 application?
Applications to study at the University of Pretoria in 2023 are available entirely online. Applications for the year 2023 will open on 1 April 2022. Applications for admission to undergraduate programs for both South Africans and international citizens close on specific dates in the year prior to the year of study.
What is needed to apply at up?
- Completed the full online application form, AND.
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist) . UP Online Application
Choose the program
Read about all undergraduate programs offered at UP on page 5 of this brochure.
- It is important to indicate the first and second choice program in your online application. The application provides a requirement for only two study options. If you would like to add a third option, or if you would like to change your choice of study after you have already submitted your online application, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A second choice program will automatically be considered if your application to your first choice program is unsuccessful or if your first choice is a first choice program.
- Ensure that first and second choice programs meet the minimum entry requirements as well as faculty selection guidelines.
- Note that some programs will not be considered if selected as your second choice. See the faculty schedules on page 5 of the prospectus.
- For study advice, make an appointment with a Student Adviser via Ms. Carol Bosch at +27 (0) 12420 5144 or email@example.com
Tuition and accommodation fees
For more information on tuition and accommodation fees, go to www.up.ac.za/fees-and-funding.
- Fee Estimator: Go to http://estimate.up.ac.za to get an estimate of the tuition fee for the program(s) you are interested in.
- Family Discount: When two or more children from the same family are simultaneously enrolled at the University of Pretoria, they may apply for a tuition fee discount.
- 2.5% Discount: If the student’s account is paid in full (i.e. 100%) by April 30th, a 2.5% discount will apply.
- Registration Fee: This fee is not an additional amount payable, but forms part of the tuition fee and is an initial payment for the tuition fee.
- Accommodation reservation fee: This fee will be paid within 30 days after staying in the UP residence. For accommodation room charges, go to www.up.ac.za/accommodation.
- Fees paid from scholarships: Students must provide written proof from the sponsor of the scholarship awarded to them before registering, otherwise the registration fee will be paid by the student. The final decision on the acceptance of the scholarship letter is up to the university.
- How and where to pay: Cashiers are available in all our branches from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00. For wire transfer and credit card payments, please allow at least 5 business days for payment to be reflected in your student account.
- UP banking details: See page 1 of prospectus. UP Online Application
Apply to study in Tuks (UP Online Application)
Apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply from 1 March in the year prior to the study. Remember that the application deadline for most courses is September 30, 2022.
See the 2021 undergraduate program closing dates.
- Before you start completing the application online, watch a video at
- How to complete an online application at www.up.ac.za. Click “Watch all YouTube videos”.
- Make sure the email address you indicated in your online application is correct as the temporary password T number will be sent to this email address.
- Make sure you apply before the deadlines for both first and second choice programs. Closing dates are indicated in the faculty schedules; See page 5 of this brochure or go to www.up.ac.za/closingdates
- Some programs will not be considered if selected as your second choice.
- You will receive your student number within 10 working days after submitting your online application.
- On receipt of your student number, you will be able to track your admission status on the UP Portal. Refer to Step 7 for instructions on how to gain access to your Student Portal. UP Online Application
- How to track your R350 SASSA Grant Application Status
- Sassa Status Check Online| Sassa Grant Application Status 2022
- SASSA SRD Status Check-Sassa Status Check for R350 Payments
- GDE Admissions Register 2022-2023- Online Application & Registration
- Tshepo 1 Million-Registration, Application Form and Login
Apply for residency
The online application has a section that must be completed if you are interested in registering for accommodation.
- Determining the place of residence is based on academic merit and application date.
- The demand for accommodation far exceeds the available spaces – you must apply as soon as possible from 1 March.
- Preference is given to students with an academic average of 75% and above. More information is available at www.up.ac.za/accommodation.
- To qualify for a guaranteed place at UP Residence, in the future
- The student must:
>> apply before 1 May in the year preceding studies;
>> have obtained a minimum average of 85% in the examination with which the student applies to study at UP; and
>> be provisionally admitted to a programme.
Request for subsidies and loans
UP bursaries and loans
- Applications must be submitted via the UP Student Portal or www.up.ac.za/ Fees and Funding. Application deadline: October 31 of the previous year of studies. No late requests will be accepted.
- Sports Scholarships UP: www.up.ac.za/sport (Closing date: September 30).
National Student Financial Assistance Program (NSFAS)
- For applications and comprehensive information, read the nsfas online application guide.
- Application deadline: November 30 of the previous year of studies.
As a registered credit provider, Eduloan covers a wide range of student-related necessities such as books, accessories, laptops, university and private housing, as well as tuition fees on a fixed monthly installment.
Anyone can apply for a loan (students, parents or guardians), provided that the applicant is in full-time employment or has a registered business. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 (0)12 420 2161/5175.
Other bursary options
- Bursaries according to field of study: www.gostudy.mobi
- The Bursary Register: Contact email@example.com or +27 (0)11 672 6559.
UP student contract
Before a student will be able to register, a contract needs to be concluded between the student and the University of Pretoria.
- Students must access the contract online on the UP Student Portal at www.up.ac.za > MyTUKS Login.
- The contract should be completed online, and then printed and signed.
- The completed and signed original contract must be handed in at the Student Service Centre or posted to the Student Service Centre, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028. The University of Pretoria does not accept faxed, scanned or emailed contracts.
- Watch a video on “How to complete the UP Student Contract” at www.up.ac.za, click on
“See all YouTube videos”. UP Online Application
How do I apply for TVET College Online?
Details online application & requirements for 2022
- Step 1: Do the pre-screening test.
- Step 2: Get your application form.
- Step 3: Complete your application form in full.
- Step 4: Attach all supporting documents.
- Step 5: Submit your application. UP Online Application