Job Opportunity at NBC Tanzania – Relationship Manager Agribusiness, Here is How to Apply for the Relationship Manager Agribusiness at NBC Tanzania.
Job Opportunity at NBC Tanzania – Relationship Manager Agribusiness
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking and wealth management products and services.
Job summary (Job Opportunity at NBC Tanzania-Relationship Manager Agribusiness)
- To advise and support in the development and implementation of Business Development
- Department planning and associated service delivery processes, methods and techniques; Enabling the provision of sound experience in business development.
1. Business growth
- Develop the unit’s annual agricultural business plan and contribute to the overall business strategy of the Retail Banking Department to ensure that plans are developed and implemented in line with clear business goals and objectives that support the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Identify and negotiate business opportunities with agribusiness clients and develop comprehensive business development strategies in order to grow the retail business in line with annual business objectives.
- Manage and enhance existing business relationships to ensure that quality clients are retained in line with business needs.
- Conduct reviews of the Agribusiness retail loan portfolio and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure its performance in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Liaise with all stakeholders eg customers, government institutions, central bank and other financial institutions to ensure that the interests of banks are properly represented and protected.
- Prepare all agribusiness reports to ensure proper quality control and to recommend appropriate interventions in line with policy.
- Prepare agribusiness retail customer ratings and review ratings and portfolio reports, to ensure credit is granted in line with credit policies and procedures.
- Review loan portfolios and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure that they are working in line with approved performance indicators and objectives.
- Contribute to the review of the credit guide to ensure that new developments in the lending, operating, business, and regulatory environment are taken into account and included in the credit policy and credit guide
- Support the branches in selling the bank’s agri-business products and services to ensure the growth of assets, deposits and income from the retail sector in line with the business strategy.
- Timely perfection of legal documentation and management reports to ensure proper record keeping and compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide expert insight and guidance into a sector in order to strategically inform management decision-making and business development, thereby enhancing income and profitability in the identified sectors.
- To perform any other duties assigned by your supervisors.
2. Product development
- Collaborate with the product development team in developing new agricultural commercial products.
- Development and maintenance of a catalog of agricultural products
- Monitor the effectiveness of agribusiness products by reviewing relevant product reports on a monthly basis to determine product effectiveness.
- Together with the product team, periodically review and advise on the prices of agribusiness products to ensure that they remain competitive in the market.
Job Opportunity at NBC Tanzania
3. Risk management
- Respond to inquiries related to agribusiness and provide all necessary information during internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with Agribusiness Guidelines in all engagements
- Monitor the performance of agribusiness loans on a monthly basis and advise immediate action by branches for overdue cases.
- Work closely with branches to ensure adherence to all approved loan terms and conditions.
4. Role/person specification
4.1 Education and Experience Required
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Agribusiness and experience in the agricultural finance industry
- At least 3 years of experience in agricultural finance
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the agricultural business
- Excellent understanding of agricultural products
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the field of agricultural finance.
Job Opportunity at NBC Tanzania
4.2 Relevant Competencies:
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Business Analysis Skills
- Ability to organize and manage stakeholder interactions
- Make a decision and get to work
- Entrepreneurial and business thinking
- Link and Communication
- Adapt and respond to change
- Persuasion and influence
- creativity and innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies,
- Business Mindset – Advanced (meets some requirements and will need further development),
- Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (meets all requirements),
- Digital Familiarity (meets all requirements),
- Effective Communication – Basic (meets all requirements) ),
- experience in a similar environment, openness to change (meets certain requirements and will need further development),
- product and/or service knowledge (meets all requirements),
- sales management (meets certain requirements and will need further development)
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT https://www.nbc.co.tz/