Before you apply to join Institute of Social Work you should check that you meet all Entry requirements, Institute of social work-entry requirements 2022-2023, ISW-Admission requirements for degree, diploma and post graduate..
The Institute of Social Work is a higher learning Institution in Tanzania which was established by the Institute of Social Work Act [Cap 110 R.E 2002] as amended by the written Laws (Miscellaneous amendments) (No. 3) Act of 2002 herein referred to as the Act. Institute of Social Work-Entry Requirements
The Institute was established in order to prepare qualified human resource for strengthening the social service delivery structure in Tanzania. It started operating in 1974 in rented buildings of the Tanzania Episcopal Conference at Kurasini before moving to the present premises at Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam in 1978.
The first program was the Ordinary Diploma in Social Work which was designed for addressing the problem of social welfare manpower shortage that was facing the Social Welfare Department. In 1977, the Institute began offering Advanced Diploma in Social Work. This was necessitated by the need to meet social work professional training and educational standards.
To become the leading provider of high quality training, research and consultancy services in social work, all responsive to societal and global needs.
To continuously transform individuals’ and community’s life by conducting high quality training programmes, research and consultancy that lead to socio-economic development of the country. Institute of Social Work-Entry Requirements
Institute of Social Work-Entry Requirements 2022-2023
Entry requirements Bachelor Degree’s
- Admission of candidates to the first year of the course leading to the Bachelor of Social Work is considered on the basis of;
- the minimum requirements for University admission prescribed by the University Grants Commission (UGC)and
- a good working knowledge of English*
Eligible candidates may be required to sit for an Entrance Test. Those who qualify at this Entrance Test will be called for an interview. The final selection of candidates will be made on the basis of merit. Institute of Social Work-Entry Requirements
Higher Diploma in Counselling-Entry Requirements
Admission of candidates to the Diploma program in Counseling is considered on the basis of the minimum requirements for University admission as prescribed by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
1. A person who has successfully completed all the examinations leading to the Diploma in Counselling.
2. Students who have completed courses equivalent to the Diploma in Counseling at institutions of higher learning recognized by the National Institute of Social Development shall also be considered for admission to the Higher Diploma in Counselling.
3. Candidates who have followed Counselling, Psychology as a course unit in their 1st Degree.
Diploma in Social Work-Entry requirements
Candidates for this course are selected if she/ he,
- has successfully completed the G.C.E. (A/L) and in the same year has fulfilled the basic admission requirements to the Universityor
- has other equivalent higher educational qualifications
- Is a permanent State officer from selected categories given below with a minimum 3 years of service
- Teachers of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education or Provincial Councils
- Social Development Assistants of the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources
- Colonization Officers of the Department of Land Commissioner
- Public Health Inspectors, Public Health Nurses and Psychiatric Social Workers of Department of Health
- Community Development Officers, Local government Officers and Officers of Department of Local government and Local Government Commission and Relief Officers
- Rural Development Officers and Assistants, Rural Development Officers of the Department of Rural Development
- Grama Niladharies of the Ministry of Public Administration, Home Affairs, Plantation Industries
- Social Services Officers of the Department of Social Services, Charity Commission and Provincial Councils
- Probation Officers of the Department of Probation and Childcare Services
- Head Master/Mistress, House Master/Mistress and Assistant House Master/Mistress of Certifies Schools
- Jailers and Welfare Officers of the Department of Prisons
- Co-operative Development Officers and Inspectors of the Department of Co-operatives
- Divi Neguma Officers
- Early Childhood Development Officers
- Women Development Officers
- Development Assistants
- Program Assistants (Ministry of Social Services)
- Counseling Assistants (Ministry of Social Services)
- Child Rights Protection Officers
- Elder’s Rights Protection Officers. Institute of Social Work-Entry Requirements
- District Youth Services Officers, Youth Services Officers and Assistant Youth Services Officers of the Youth Councils
- Community Development Officers, Welfare Officers of State Corporations of Industries and Plantation Sectors and Private Sectors
- Officers holding similar designations/just in Government or Non – Governmental Organizations
- Consideration will be given to applicants with higher educational qualifications and/ or experience in the Social Welfare, Social Development fields.
- A credit pass in English at the G. C. E (O/L) examination will be considered an additional Qualification.
- Applicants registered in any other full-time course in any university or any other Institution is not eligible to apply for the Diploma in social work program. Institute of Social Work-Entry Requirements
FOR MORE INFORMATION DO NOT HESITATE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE https://www.isw.ac.tz/