How to Unsend a Sent Email;- Have you ever sent a mistaken email that you immediately regretted and wished you could take back before it was read by your recipients? We all have, but don’t lose heart; there is still time to prevent embarrassment.
How to Unsend a Sent Email 2022
Popular email systems like Gmail, Outlook, and Mail-bird allow users to recall emails a short time after hitting the send button.
The key in this situation is that you must first enable the unsend capability. Once enabled, “Undo Send” will appear as soon as you send any email, giving you the opportunity to retract your message if you decide against it or discover a mistake. The Undo Send tool merely delays sending your email, allowing you time to change your mind before it’s too late. It does not retrieve your email from other people’s inboxes. In this article, we’ll explain how to use various email services to cancel a sent email.
How to Unsend a Sent Email From Gmail
The “Undo Send” feature in Gmail is activated by default, but you may change the holding period for emails from the very brief default setting of five seconds to a maximum of 30 seconds. We advise setting yours for 20 seconds, but you are free to choose whatever feels right to you.
Your email will be held until the time period you’ve set has passed if the “Undo Send” feature is enabled. During this period, you have the ability to recall your email in Gmail and make any necessary adjustments if the first email contained any errors.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial for configuring and utilizing this functionality in a Gmail account.
- Launch Gmail.
- In the top right corner, select the gear symbol and then click View all settings.
- If you are not already there, click the “General” option at the top.
- The Undo Send option can be found by scrolling down.
Also Check: 65 Job Vacancies at Bagamoyo Sugar Limited
- Select the amount of time you want the emails to be stored before they are actually sent by clicking the Send cancellation period drop-down menu. You have the option of delaying your emails for five to thirty seconds.
- To make the changes effective, click Save changes at the bottom.
- Create a new email by selecting Create (+) to make use of this functionality.
- Write your email’s body of text and send it as usual.
- At the bottom of the screen, a text message with the words “Message sent” will show up.
- Click the Undo prompt button to retrieve your email.
- It will recall your email.
How to Unsend a Sent Email From Outlook For Web
Many of the capabilities included in the Outlook desktop application are also present in Outlook for the web. The option to retrieve previously sent emails is part of this.
- Log in to your account on the Outlook website.
- View all Outlook settings can be found by selecting the Cog icon in the upper right after completely scrolling down.
- This launches Outlook’s primary settings page for the web.
- Select Mail from the menu on the far left, then choose Create and reply in the center column.
- You may access the Undo Send option by navigating down the left side.
- This section’s slider lets you choose how long it takes to delete an email.
- When finished, save your options by clicking “Save” at the bottom.
- Create a new email in the Outlook online app, and then send it, to use this functionality.
- The bottom of the screen will display a notification that reads “Submit.”
- To stop sending the email you just sent, click Undo.
What about Yahoo email services and default apps on both Windows and macOS?
This section’s slider lets you choose how long it takes to delete an email.
When finished, save your options by clicking “Save” at the bottom.
Create a new email in the Outlook online app, and then send it, to use this functionality.
The bottom of the screen will display a notification that reads “Submit.”
To stop sending the email you just sent, click Undo.
Check As Well: University of Limpopo Online Application 2022