American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine;- Our goal at the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine is to prepare the doctors of future whose commitment to social responsibility and patient care will benefit from global learning opportunities, a varied learning community, and other factors.
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine 2022
- Medicine & Health (1)
AUC was established in 1978 on the tenet that medical professionals with vision, talent, and compassion were needed. The British West Indies’ Montserrat government granted the university its initial charter. However, after the Soufrière Hills Volcano in Montserrat erupted in 1995, burying or rendering much of the island uninhabitable, AUC relocated to the island of St. Maarten.
Check Also: University of Houston Downtown in 2022
- Program in MD
- Health Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Program for Medical Education Readiness
- Medical Teaching Facilities
More than 7,500 former students from AUC have gone on to practice law across the US, Canada, and other countries. Through the National Resident Matching Program® with top teaching hospitals and medical centers in the US, the majority of AUC medical school graduates land medical residencies before they graduate.
The American University of the Caribbean’s Student Government Association is a student-run group that works closely with the administration to address student concerns and act as a conduit between the student population and the faculty. SGA provides tools to help students succeed in their academic endeavors. The executive council, members from each semester class, and a representative from each AUC student group make up the SGA council.
- furnished apartments (sofa, bed, desk, chairs for the dining room)
a sizable kitchen that is fully furnished with a stove, a refrigerator, and a microwave
- Each bedroom has a bathroom.
- Conditional air
- Area for dining and living
- A lot of them have balconies with stunning ocean views.
- All are open to the trade breezes and have beautiful views.
recreational features, such as a
- a fully stocked gym
- You can get to the beach by foot.
- Outside areas with shelter and breezeways
dwelling away from campus
- Hill Beacon
- Coffeey Beach
- Key Pelican
- Pivoting Point
- Stump Bay
Our Cupecoy, St. Maarten location offers medical students a cutting-edge learning environment furnished with potent technology and academic facilities where they complete their first two years of academic study.
- kitchen and cafeteria
- study areas and student lounges
- 24-hour on-campus safety
- accessible for those in wheelchairs
- Services for courtesy shuttles
- Association of American Medical Students (AMSA)
- Medical Women’s Association of America (AMWA)
- Teaching assistants for anatomy (TAs)
- Association of Asian Medical Students (ASMA)
- Association of Black Medical Students (BMSA)
- Association of Canadian Medical Students (CMSA)
- Disaster Medicine Interest Group of the Christian Medical and Dental
- Association (CMDA)
- Committee for Student Justice under Dr. Dale Van Wormer (SJC)
- Global Health Club, Gender and Sexuality Interest Group (GSIG), Family
- Medicine Interest Group (FMIG), and Emergency Medicine Student Interest Group (EMSIG) (GHC)
The Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM, www.accredmed.org), the accreditor recognized by the nation of St. Maarten, has granted AUC accreditation to 2021. The National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA), a division of the US Department of Education, evaluates the criteria that other nations employ to accredit medical schools. The Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), which accredits medical education programs in the US, and the NCFMEA have both recognized that the accreditation requirements of the ACCM are equivalent.