Jobs at Plan International: Nafasi za kazi Plan International, Apply as project manager at Plan International organization, looking for the latest jobs in Tanzania, Plan International Career. Jobs at Plan International
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Jobs at Plan International
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Jobs at Plan International Organization
Plan International Job Vacancy 2022-Project Manager
JOB TITTLE: Project Manager
Location: Katavi, Tanzania
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan has over 80 years’ experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Jobs at Plan International Organization
Plan International has been working in Tanzania since 1991. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to grow up physically and mentally healthy and ready to shape their future. We create an enabling environment and empower girls to be active drivers of change in realizing their rights. We priorities working with partners, and ensuring all of our work is evidence based
Vijana na Ubora, Malengo na Afya (VUMA) project is an anticipated 7-year Global Affairs Canada (GAC) funded project, aiming at increasing realisation of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) for Adolescents Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in all their diversity in Katavi region.
The project will increase AGYW’s individual and collective agency by building Sexual Reproductive Health Rights, Sexual Gender Based Violence, Mental Health, infection prevention and control (IPC) and nutrition by empowering them via increased social capital; and by helping them to acquire skills, capacities and increased financial capital.
The project will also strengthen the provision of gender and adolescent-responsive and inclusive (GAR&I), integrated and innovative ASRHR and protection services and support for AGYW by building community, school, health facility and governmental capacity, infrastructure, planning and management.
In addition, the project will work with local Women Rights Organizations (WROs), Youth Led Organizations (YLOs), adolescent groups and stakeholders to ensure that gender equality (GE), ASRHR and protection frameworks, policies and services are gender-responsive and evidence-based. Jobs at Plan International Organization
- The project Manager is responsible for the successfully implementation of the VUMA project in region of Katavi in Tanzania and accountable for the achievement of programme activities at the field level.
- She/he will ensure that the project achieves intended activities for attaining expected results and are implemented in compliance with the donor agreement, Plan International and Government standards.
- She/he is responsible for ensuring the planned activities are implemented as planned and maintaining the program calendar. Consistent activities budget monitoring, timely working and submission of quality reports to the Program Director and Management of project field staff.
- She/he will work very closely with the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Needs, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and President Office Regional Administration and Local Government including Regional and District authorities during the execution of the project.
- She/he is the primary representative of the project at regional and district level and will supervise and support project staffs by ensuring staffs are responsible to implement project interventions as planned and at high standard.
- He/she will promote teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility. Jobs at Plan International Organization
Dimensions of the Role
- Provides operational and program support throughout all stages of the VUMA project process and ensures integration, coherence and harmonization of all components in the project design to achieve results as planned
- Continually ensures alignment of the VUMA project with both international and national gender equality and sexual reproductive health (SRH) priorities, plans and competencies
- Identifies and builds strategic networks with other actors to support the region in implementation and monitoring of gender responsive and adolescent-friendly sexual reproductive health quality improvement initiatives in line with the national government policy.
- Provision of SRH technical and programmatic guidance on the implementation of SRH project activities as per the national SRH guidelines and programme policies.
- Actively monitors the project implementation through field visits, coordinating monthly project meetings, to jointly assess project progress, identify bottlenecks and potential risks and work for timely decisions with Project Director to resolve issues
- Coordinate with partners to collect and document best practices, lesson learning for better achievement.
- Working to build the capacity of the Local Government Authorities staff on effective supportive supervision including identify effective approaches and techniques for scaling up project best practices for the sustainability after project closure. Jobs at Plan International Organization
- Ensure an effective monitoring system is in place for achieving prior agreed targets in relation to the project activities and financial expenditures,
- Support project director to Identify and effectively manage all key field related risks during the project implementation
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of project resources to demonstrate value for money
- Maintain positive relationships and share relevant information with all stakeholders; Partners, donor, government and local partners.
- Presents project achievements on behalf of Plan International Tanzania at professional networking events and meetings, conferences, and other public forums when assigned by Project Director); Jobs at Plan International Organization
Also You may Be Interested For:
- Best Online Jobs That Pay in South Africa 2022
- Cocacola Kwanza Jobs Vacancies 2022
- Registered Nurse Career 2022: How to Become Registered Nurse (RN)
Project Management, Compliance and Leadership
- Identify and proactively address all challenges and potential implementation issues the hinder project performance
- Monitor and supervise the project team to achieve its mandated targets in accordance to project plans.
- Keep Project Director abreast of significant threats, implementation deficiencies and opportunities.
- Coordinate, implementation, monitoring and reporting of VUMA project as prioritized in the project document
- Ensure the Integration of sustainable approaches, gender responsive and inclusion into all project activities as appropriate
- Ensure timely development of high quality both narrative and financial reports for the donor and government as needed.
- Work with project director and Finance manager on project financial analysis, review and oversight of project budgets and financial reporting.
- Work with the Finance Manager to monitor compliance issues and promote timely and solution-oriented follow up and action
- Drive results by ensuring compliance to donor contracts and operational plan is in place for timely and effectively inputs support from the CO to meet project obligations. Jobs at Plan International Organization
Strengthen Advocacy efforts and Partnership
- Manage effective partnerships with government’s relevant regional and district representative and strategic networking are established and maintained at regional level to ensure project sustainability
- Represent VUMA Project in various forums, relevant platforms and technical regional meetings;
- Work closely with Influencing, Communications and Advocacy team in the development of evidence-based advocacy and influence interventions.
- Provide expert-level guidance and direction to the implementing partners on the planning and implementation of project SRH activities based on evidence in support of girl’s right to SRH and Gender. Jobs at Plan International Organization
- Lead and collaborate with project staff to translate project learning and results into accessible technical products for global and country stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned in VUMA project, to influence policy formation, deepen capacity, and foster partnerships;
- Work with project team to develop summative reporting documents for the project for advocacy and promotion of Girls right for SRH;
- Build and maintain relationships with partners at the region to enhance their support in the project.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of Safeguarding policies.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Ensure compliance to COVID-19 and other outbreaks safety measures. Jobs at Plan International Organization
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Required experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, education, social science, international development, gender or related area is required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive managerial experience in program, financial and human resources management, networking, knowledge management and advocacy of large international development projects
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading SRHR large donor funded programs (funded by GAC will be an added advantage)
- Experience and ability to provide leadership and direction to the multi-disciplinary staff and implementing partners;
- Familiarity with challenges facing girls accessing gender responsive SRH and emerging priorities
- Considerable knowledge of SRHR/ Maternal health and Gender and Inclusion agenda
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of technical reports, budgets, plans of action, and management of staff
- Experience working with children and adolescents and an ability to apply safeguarding, ethics, and ‘do no harm’ principles
- Proven capacity to work effectively with community-based organizations, government officials at district, regional and national levels, and with Government donor agencies. Jobs at Plan International Organization
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy, especially around gender equality and adolescent girls’ rights related issues.
- A thorough understanding of the Convention of the Rights of the Child, Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and other human rights instruments.
- A thorough understanding of the various tools and techniques for gender transformative approaches in a project cycle including gender analysis (Marker), budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.