Institute of Tax Administration (ITA) | Chuo Cha Kodi Tanzania;- Currently ITA operates as a training wing of the Tanzania Revenue Authority. Over the years it has been providing a substantial part of the TRA’s local short-term training requirements as well as some specialized long-term training courses.
The Institute of Tax Administration (ITA) is an integral part of Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA). The history of ITA dates back to the era of the former East Africa Community (EAC) that collapsed in 1977, with the idea to establish ITA as an offshoot of the then Mombasa Customs Training Centre to train customs officials. With the collapse of the EAC, the Government of Tanzania made, in 1982, a strategic decision to establish ITA as a training center not only for customs but also tax officials from the then two tax departments of Income Tax and Sales Tax under the Ministry of Finance.
Also see: Mbeya University MUST Entry Requirements 2022/2023
Institute of Tax Administration (ITA) | Chuo Cha Kodi Tanzania 2022-2023
What we Offer at The Institute of Tax Administration (ITA)?
- The Institute offers several regular long-term programs in customs and tax management leading to certificate, ordinary diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate awards.
- The Institute also conducts short-term training programs and confers awards to eligible trainees.
- For all examinable programs the Institute confers its Proficiency Certificates/Diploma/Degree for trainees who meet criteria set under the ITA Examination Regulations, 2009 (as revised in 2013) or standards set by the National Council for Technical Education as the case may be.
- In addition, there are two other programs offered by the Institute, which are examinable by respective professional bodies.
- The Institute’s programs offer a unique blend of theoretical classroom training and real life customs and taxation experiences.
Read Also: Mbeya University Courses Offered 2022-2023
Vision & Mission of The Institute of Tax Administration (ITA)?
To be a Globally Recognised Center of Excellence in Customs and Taxation Training.
To Provide High Quality Competence-Based Training, Research and Consultancy Services in Customs and Taxation studies.
ITA is guided by the Tanzania Revenue Authority’s core values adapted to its specific mission as a training institution. Accordingly, the values of ITA state how employees are expected to relate to their external and internal customers, other stakeholders and how they will accomplish their work in carrying out the Mission of the Institute.
Programmes |Courses Offered at The Institute of Tax Administration (ITA)
- Short Courses
- Basic Technician Certificate in Customs and Tax Management (CCTM)
- Ordinary Diploma in Customs and Tax Management (DCTM)
- Bachelor Degree in Customs and Tax Management (BCTM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Custom and Taxation (PGDCT)
- Masters of Arts in Revenue Law and Administration (MARLA)
- East African Customs and Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (CFFPC)
Also visit this link here
Institute of Tax Administration (ITA) Contacts
Institute of Tax Administration,
Mikocheni B, Light Industrial Area,
Dar es Salaam.
Tel : +255 22 2216800/1 or +255 783081348
Admissions +255 785558211
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Pretoria-Entry Requirements for International Students 2022-2023
- University of Sydney Scholarships 2022-2023| Fully Funded
- Monash University Scholarships For International Students 2022-23
- University of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
- Mzumbe University Admission Requirements 2022-2023
- Tumaini University Entry Requirements 2022-2023