The Desktop Support Technician Internship is a great opportunity for any student who is looking to gain valuable experience in IT, while also earning some money.
Desktop Support Technicians are responsible for providing technical support to the company’s computer systems and software. They also help with general IT support, such as troubleshooting, installing software and hardware, and maintaining network connections.
Desktop Support Technician Internship
These are the skills that you will be expected to have if you want to work as a Desktop Support Technician Intern.
You will need to be able to install and configure software, maintain and troubleshoot PCs, printers, and other hardware. You will also need to know how to use different operating systems, including Windows 10.
Desktop support technicians provide technical support for computers, printers, and other hardware. They can install software or configure hardware on a computer remotely or in person. They can also troubleshoot problems with PCs or other devices.
Want to join this great opportunity? Check out the information about the programme in this article.
Job Title: ECSRAC LAN/Desktop Support Technician Internship
Recruiter: Directorate of ICT Infrastructure
Salary: R6 174.96 per month for graduates
Positions: X13 posts
Duration: 24 months
The duties of the shortlisted candidates for the ECSRAC LAN / Desktop Support Internship are as follows:
- Provide first line ICT related support (desktops/computers, printer support and LAN connection) and act as a point of contact for IT related issues for users.
- Provide management of calls to information.
- Technology Services Management System (ITSM).
- Apply technical standards/procedures, end user support procedures, operating systems, active directory, and backup techniques and processes.
- Manage and monitor network and server connectivity, network security, and performance.
- Recording, troubleshooting and solving all ICT related issues.
- Liaise with internal and external including third parties in order to resolve technical issues.
- Ensure computer security and antivirus updates.
- Control and approval of access to server rooms.
- Monitor servers, racks and cooling systems.
- Provide administrative support for all ICT related issues.
- Maintain hardware inventory and maintenance records.
- Ensure that all software is properly licensed. Desktop Support Technician Internship
Eligibility and requirements
- To find out if you are eligible to join the program, this list of requirements will be useful information. The minimum requirements for the internship program are as follows:
- Minimum NQF Level 6 qualification in any of the National Diploma: Information Technology; Communication networks; desktop support; or other relevant and equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment system available at https://Erecruitment.Ecotp.Gov.Za.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Any requests sent by fax will not be accepted. Desktop Support Technician Internship
The system closes at 23:59 on the closing date; however, the technical support is limited to working hours: (08:00-16:30 Monday -Thursday and 08:00-16:00 on Friday).
Applicant must register on the E-recruitment system, complete and submit required information and apply for position as advertised following the following link http://www.ecprov.gov.za.
Mode of Applications
Applications must be submitted on a duly completed New Z83 form. It’s obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit a fully completed signed Z83 form and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents to HR on or before the day of the interview.
Please note that copies submitted need not to be certified.
Communication regarding the requirements for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
All applications must be submitted to the relevant centre as specified in the advert.
Applicants must note that further Personnel Suitability checks will be conducted on short-listed candidates and that their appointment is subject to the outcome of these checks which include security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and criminal record checks.
Reference checks will be done on nominated candidate(s).
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates.
If you have not been contacted by the Department within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for these posts. Desktop Support Technician Internship
To apply, you will need the reference number for each center. This means that the information below is what you need:
Head office reference number: DSRAC 38/05/2022 (X5 Posts)
>Amahole District Reference Number: DSRAC 39/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>BCM Region Reference Number: DSRAC 40/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>Chris Hani District Reference Number: DSRAC 41/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>Joe Gqabi District Reference Number: DSRAC 42/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>OR Tambo District Reference Number: DSRAC 43/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>Alfred Nzo District Reference Number: DSRAC 44/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>Nelson Mandela District Reference Number: DSRAC 45/05/2022 (X1 Post)
>Sarah Bartman District Reference Number: DSRAC 46/05/2022 (X1 Post)
Next, the address where you can forward the application for each centre are as follow:
Head Office Post to: The Senior Manager: HRM, Department of Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture, Private Bag X0020, Bisho, 5605, Hand deliver to: No. 5 Eales Street, Wilton Zimasile Mkwayi Building, King William’s Town, 5605. Enquiries – Mr. Y. Dlamkile Tel No: 043 492 1386 or Mrs. R. E. Swartbooi Tel: 043 492 0949.
Amathole Museum: Post to: The Museum Head, Amathole Museum, Private Bag X9030, East London 5200 OR Hand deliver to: Alexandria Road, King William’s Town, 5601. Enquiries Mr. F. Kigozi Tel No: 081 268 3501 / 061 419 4142.
Buffalo City Metro District: Post to: The Senior Manager, Department of Sport, Recreation Arts and Culture, Private Bag X9030, East London 5200 OR Hand deliver to: No 16 Commissioner Street, Old Elco Building, East London, 5201. Enquiries Ms. L. Xoseka Tel No: 043 492 2140
Amathole District: Post to: The Senior Manager, Department of Sport, Recreation Arts and Culture, Private Bag X9030, East London 5200 OR Hand deliver to: No 16 Commissioner Street, Old Elco Building, East London, 5201. Enquiries Mr. B. Mbangatha Tel No: 043 492 1838. Desktop Support Technician Internship
Any inquiries about the application should be forwarded to:
S. Somdaka Tel No: 043 492 1371
eRecruitment technical enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Desktop Support Technician Internship
Last but not least, the information about the closing date. The application process will be over on 20 June at 16.00.
Good luck for your application to the internship programme!