Central Johannesburg College (CJC) is a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education based in the heart of Johannesburg, South Africa. The college was established in 2001 and has since then been offering quality education to students from all walks of life. The college has four campuses, namely, Alexandra, Ellis Park, Parktown and Crown Mines.
Central Johannesburg College (CJC): Courses, Admission, Fee Structure & Application Procedures
CJC offers a wide range of courses across various faculties including Business Studies, Engineering Studies, Health Sciences, Information Technology, and Creative Arts. These courses are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in their chosen fields.
The following is a list of courses offered at Central Johannesburg College:
- National Certificate: Management
- National Certificate: Marketing
- National Certificate: Business Administration
- National Certificate: Financial Management
- Diploma: Human Resource Management
- Diploma: Public Management
- National Certificate: Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering
- National Certificate: Civil Engineering
- National Certificate: Building and Civil Construction
- Diploma: Nursing
- National Certificate: Community Health Work
- National Certificate: Information Technology
- Diploma: Information Technology
- National Certificate: Fashion
- National Certificate: Jewellery Design and Manufacture
CJC offers an online application process which can be accessed via their website. Prospective students are required to create an account on the website, complete the online application form and upload all the necessary documents. These documents include certified copies of their ID, matric certificate or latest academic results, and proof of residence.
The following are the requirements for admission into Central Johannesburg College:
- South African citizens must provide a certified copy of their ID
- Non-South African citizens must provide a certified copy of their passport
- All applicants must provide a certified copy of their matric certificate or latest academic results
- Applicants must have passed Grade 12 with a minimum of 40% in English and a minimum of 30% in Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy for most courses
- Some courses may have additional requirements such as a portfolio of work or an interview
The fees structure at CJC varies depending on the course and the level of study. The college offers affordable fees and provides financial assistance to qualifying students. Prospective students are advised to visit the college’s website or contact the student finance department for more information on fees and financial assistance.
- Visit the CJC website: Go to the CJC website at www.cjc.edu.za.
- Create an account: Click on the “Apply Online” tab and create an account. You will be required to provide your personal details such as your name, ID number, and contact information.
- Choose your program: Select the program you wish to apply for. CJC offers a wide range of programs across various faculties, including Business Studies, Engineering Studies, Health Sciences, Information Technology, and Creative Arts.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the online application form with accurate information. Ensure that all the required fields are completed before submitting your application.
- Upload supporting documents: You will be required to upload supporting documents such as certified copies of your ID, matric certificate or latest academic results, and proof of residence. Ensure that the documents are clear and legible.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed the application form and uploaded all the required documents, submit your application.
- Pay the application fee: CJC charges an application fee for each program applied for. The fee can be paid online using a credit or debit card.
- Track your application: You can track the status of your application by logging in to your account on the CJC website.
In conclusion, applying to Central Johannesburg College is a simple and straightforward process. By following the above steps, you can apply for your desired program and start your journey towards achieving your academic and career goals.
Central Johannesburg College is a great institution for students seeking quality education and practical skills in various fields. With a range of courses offered across multiple faculties, the college provides students with the opportunity to pursue their passion and build a career in their chosen field. The online application process and affordable fees make CJC accessible to a wide range of students.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What courses does Central Johannesburg College offer?
Central Johannesburg College offers a wide range of courses across various faculties including Business Studies, Engineering Studies, Health Sciences, Information Technology, and Creative Arts.
2. How can I apply to Central Johannesburg College?
You can apply to Central Johannesburg College by visiting their website and creating an account. You will then need to select the program you wish to apply for, complete the online application form, and upload supporting documents.
3. What are the admission requirements for Central Johannesburg College?
The admission requirements for Central Johannesburg College include providing a certified copy of your ID or passport, a certified copy of your matric certificate or latest academic results, and meeting the minimum subject requirements for the program you are applying for.
4. Does Central Johannesburg College offer financial assistance?
Yes, Central Johannesburg College offers financial assistance to qualifying students. Prospective students can contact the student finance department or visit the college’s website for more information.
5. Can I study online at Central Johannesburg College?
Central Johannesburg College does offer some online courses, but not all courses are available online. Prospective students can visit the college’s website or contact the admissions department for more information.