Cardiff University : Study at Cardiff University | Services For International Students at Cardiff University | Cardiff University is recognized by independent government assessments..
Cardiff University :
Cardiff University has been recognized in independent government assessments as one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities. The university combines superb modern facilities and an exciting approach to teaching with a proud history of recent achievements, and there are approximately 30,000 students, including nearly 10,000 international students, currently enrolled at the Welsh institution.
Cardiff University’s expertise in research and research-led teaching includes the social sciences, engineering, technology and a wide range of business careers. The university is currently ranked 5th in the UK for the quality of its research, while the QS World Rankings place it among the top 160 universities. The School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies has been described as the “Oxbridge of Journalism”.
95% of Cardiff University graduates go on to work or continue studying after graduation, while 78% find a job at the postgraduate level. Cardiff University is also a member of the prestigious Russell Group, one of 24 distinguished research universities in the UK.
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
- The Department of International Development organizes an induction program for international students that includes a pick-up service from Cardiff and Heathrow airports directly to your accommodation.
- The induction program includes five days of events designed to introduce students to life in Cardiff, the university, the city and the surrounding countryside. Tours such as the South Wales Tour are a great way for students to meet new people in a relaxed atmosphere.
- A number of international societies are also present at Cardiff University, with organizations for Asian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Nigerian, Pakistani, and Thai students.
Also See: Best Restaurants and Place to Eat Cardiff UK 2023
CLASSIFICATION OF CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
> 35th place in the Times University Guide 2022
>> 38th place in the Guardian University Guide 2022
>> 151 in the QS World University Rankings 2022
>> 189th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
>> 101 to 150 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
Cardiff University is the only Welsh institution in the top 200 QS world rankings. In the 2014 Research Assessment Exercise, Cardiff University was ranked 5th in the UK for the quality of applications submitted.
Topics/Subjects that performed particularly well include:
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Psychology, psychiatry, and neuroscience
- Communication, culture, media, library and information management studies
- Allied health professions, dentistry, nursing and pharmacy
- Modern languages and linguistics
ACCOMODATION IN CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
A place in one of the 5,100 student rooms is guaranteed for all international first-year undergraduate students who enter during the regular admissions cycle. The vast majority of student residences are en suite study rooms, self-catering apartments, and students.
For those interested in sports, Talybont’s main residence site features a state-of-the-art sports training village and fitness complex that hosted competitors for the 2012 London Olympics.
Also See: Top 5 Best Universities in Wales 2023
The Cardiff University campus is about 2 km from the central train and bus station, Cardiff Airport is only 17 km away and London is just over two hours by train. Cardiff is among the fastest growing capitals in Europe, and is very popular with students who are drawn to the cost of living, nightlife, sports facilities and culture.
> Professor Sir Martin Evans FRS – 2007 Nobel Laureate and President of Cardiff University
>> Neil Kinnock – Former leader of the Labor Party and former President of Cardiff University
>> Nathan Cleverly – World Light Heavyweight Champion
>> Martin Lewis – TV and Radio Presenter Appearing on Radio 1 and This Morning
>> Ho Edwards – BBC News presenter and BAFTA Award-winning journalist
>> Mrs. Mary Perkins – Founder of Specsavers
To get More Information about Cardiff University do not hesitate to Visit https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/
Application Process for Cardiff University
To apply to Cardiff University, take the following actions:
- Choose a program: There are numerous undergraduate and graduate degrees in many different subjects offered at Cardiff University. To view the programs offered and select the one that best suits your interests and qualifications, go to the Cardiff University website.
- Verify the prerequisites for entry: Verify that you meet the admission requirements for the program you are interested in before submitting an application. Check the specific prerequisites on the Cardiff University website as they may differ based on the program.
- Online applications are accepted through the Cardiff University website once you’ve determined your program of interest and verified you match the prerequisites. You will need to provide your personal information, academic credentials, and other pertinent information as part of the application process.
- You must submit supporting papers with your application, such as academic transcripts, test results for your English language proficiency (if necessary), and a personal statement.
- Pay the application fee: The majority of Cardiff University’s programs include an application fee. The cost is non-refundable and varies based on the program.
- You can follow the status of your application online once it has been submitted by visiting the Cardiff University website. The results of your application will be sent to you through email.
Be sure to verify the exact dates for the program you’re interested in as application deadlines can change based on the program. Also, you can get help from Cardiff University’s admissions staff if you need it or if you have any queries about the application process.
Fee Structure at Cardiff University
Depending on your program of study, level of study, and whether you are a UK/EU or international student, Cardiff University’s cost structure will change. Here is a general summary of Cardiff University’s pricing schedule:
Bachelor’s degree programs:
UK/EU students: The annual tuition cost for the majority of undergraduate programs is £9,250.
International students: Depending on the program of study, the tuition for the majority of undergraduate programs is between £17,650 and £23,950 a year.
UK/EU students: Depending on the program of study, the tuition for the majority of postgraduate programs ranges from £7,700 to £11,400 year.
International students: Depending on the program of study, the tuition for the majority of postgraduate programs is between £18,700 and £25,500 a year.
For some programs,
there can be extra costs, like for lab fees or textbooks. On the Cardiff University website, you may discover comprehensive details regarding the costs associated with each program.
It’s crucial to remember that rates can change every year, so make sure you check the most recent fee information for your program of study. Also, you might be eligible for scholarships, bursaries, or other types of financial aid to assist with paying for your studies at Cardiff University.