4 Easy Steps to Get a GMAT Waiver in 2023;- One of the most crucial — and occasionally most hated — prerequisites for entering business school is the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
4 Easy Steps to Get a GMAT Waiver in 2023
Nevertheless, a lot of MBA programs respect professional work experience in the admissions process. If a candidate meets the criteria, a GMAT waiver may be made available.
Business schools in the US that accept low scores or a GMAT waiver
- Applicants with five or more years of managerial experience may request a GMAT/GRE waiver from the University of South Florida (Tampa, FL).
- Technology Institute of Georgia (Atlanta, GE)
- Boston, Massachusetts; New York; San Francisco, California; Hult International Business School
- Accepts Hult Business Assessment Test in lieu of GMAT in York City, NY
- MIT Extension Program (Cambridge, MA)
- Washington, DC’s Kogod School of Business may offer a GMAT waiver.
You can still use other talents or experiences to replace the GMAT if you don’t fulfill the standards of America’s top MBA programs. Here are 4 actions that will assist you in achieving that if you choose to go down this path:
1. Find out what are the options for replacing the GMAT
Business schools that give GMAT waivers often do so because they think that other methods, such as professional — and occasionally military — experience, can be used to demonstrate the criteria being examined.
You’ll do well to comprehend why so many colleges believe the exam to be so valuable, even though you might be pleased that you don’t have to sit down and take it. You’ll be better equipped to construct your application process to highlight your talents if you grasp the topics the exam covers and adopt a GMAT mentality.
You can substitute their tests for the GMAT at several business schools.
2. Write a great letter
One of the most crucial things you must do if you want a GMAT waiver is compose a letter requesting one. There are numerous websites that may assist you with this process, but in general, it’s crucial to bear in mind a few things:
- Understand the formatting specifications for the particular program you are applying to.
- Declare the letter’s purpose in the opening sentence.
- Make it very clear in your professional work history that you possess the abilities that the GMAT will capture.
- Give precise illustrations to back up your statements.
- Look up sample letters that others have used to successfully request GMAT waivers.
Check Also: What is a Master in Microbiology? 2022
3. Make your professional experience stand out
Work experience that demonstrates strong analytical and mathematical skills is valued by online MBA programs that waive the GMAT. In fact, by forgoing the GMAT, they are admitting that practical experience can be more significant than a score.
Use your professional experience to demonstrate how you put your well polished skills to use in the positions you’ve held during the application process.
See Also: IEB Final Matric Exam Timetable For 2022
4. Showcase your personal development
According to Stacy Blackman, a contributor to U.S. News & World Report, it’s critical to demonstrate your professional growth when applying to an MBA program after some time in the industry. She offers the following pointers for consideration:
- Demonstrate a career trajectory that amply reflects your professional development.
- According to Blackman, you should also advise the people who are writing your recommendations to “particularly address this increasing trajectory” in their letters. The similar principle should be represented in your resume, which should only list your most crucial responsibilities.
- Be a strong leader, and your waiver request should reflect that. According to Blackman, your essays should contain particular examples that paint a clear image of your abilities: “You want to prove how you constantly strive to perform better than a good job and make your mark on any environment you’re in.
- Select a program that may be customized to meet both your career and personal needs. Blackman asserts that it’s crucial to “make sure all of those wonderful traits appear front and center in your MBA application” because business schools like candidates with a variety of interests and backgrounds.
Related: What is a Master in Ecology? 2022
Applying to business school with work experience might give you a significant advantage, but it’s crucial to know how to make the most of it. In your application, be careful to emphasize the experience’s true value.