UNIVEN Courses and Admission Requirements;-The University of Venda (UNIVEN) is a public university located in Thohoyandou, in the Limpopo province of South Africa. It was established in 1982 as a higher education institution for the Venda people, and has since expanded to serve a wider student population.
In this article you will see all courses offered at the University of Venda, Admission requirements for all courses as well as application procedures to join the University of Venda (UNIVEN).
UNIVEN Courses and Admission Requirements | University of Venda Admission
UNIVEN offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of fields, including agriculture, education, health sciences, law, management, natural and applied sciences, and social sciences. The university also has a number of research centres and institutes focusing on various areas, including biodiversity and conservation, education, and rural development.
UNIVEN is committed to social transformation, community engagement, and sustainable development. It has a strong focus on promoting access to higher education for historically disadvantaged students, and offers a range of support services and programmes to help students succeed academically.
The university has a number of facilities and services available to its students, including accommodation, a library, sports facilities, and a health centre. It also has partnerships with various local and international institutions, and participates in a number of academic and research collaborations.
- UNIVEN Student Portal Login-University of Venda: www.univen.ac.za
- UNIVEN Online Application-University of Venda 2023-2024
- UNIVEN Application Status| University of Venda Application Status Check 2023-2024
- UNIVEN Prospectus For 2023-2024 | University of Venda
UNIVEN Courses Offered
UNIVEN offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across different faculties:
Faculty of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
- Bachelor of Science in Plant Production
Faculty of Education
- Bachelor of Education (Foundation Phase)
- Bachelor of Education (Intermediate Phase)
- Bachelor of Education (Senior Phase and FET)
- Bachelor of Education Honours (Educational Psychology)
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Nursing Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies
- Bachelor of Public Health
Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Faculty of Management and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Development Studies
Faculty of Science and Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
UNIVEN also offers a range of postgraduate programs, including Honours, Masters, and PhD degrees, in various fields.
UNIVEN Admission Requirements
National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- A minimum of 30% for English as Home Language or First Additional Language
- A minimum of 50% for four other subjects from the designated subject list
- Life Orientation is a compulsory subject but it does not form part of the calculation of the Admission Point Score (APS)
Senior Certificate (SC)
- A minimum of a D-symbol on Higher Grade (HG) or an E-symbol on Standard Grade (SG) for English as Home Language or First Additional Language
- A minimum of a C-symbol on HG or a B-symbol on SG for four other subjects from the designated subject list
National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV)
- A minimum of 50% in English as Home Language or First Additional Language
- A minimum of 50% for four vocational subjects
- Equivalent qualifications to the NSC, SC or NCV are also acceptable for admission, subject to meeting the minimum requirements set by UNIVEN.
Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the university, as there are limited spaces available for each program. UNIVEN also considers other factors such as your academic performance, the availability of space in your chosen program, and other relevant criteria when making admission decisions.
How To Apply For UNIVEN?
- Obtain an application form: You can obtain an application form online via the UNIVEN website or request a physical application form from the university’s Student Administration Office.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the application form completely, providing accurate and up-to-date information. Be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully and attach all required documents, such as certified copies of your academic transcripts and identity document.
- Pay the application fee: You will need to pay a non-refundable application fee when submitting your application. The fee can be paid online or at any ABSA bank branch.
- Submit your application: Submit your completed application form and all required documents to the university’s Student Administration Office. You can submit your application in person or by mail.
- Check your application status: After submitting your application, you can check your application status online via the UNIVEN website or by contacting the university’s Student Administration Office.
Note: The application process and requirements may vary for different programs and categories of applicants, such as international students. Therefore, it is recommended to visit the UNIVEN website or contact the university’s Student Administration Office for more specific and up-to-date information on how to apply for your desired program.
The University of Venda Overview
The University of Venda, situated in Thohoyandou in the scenic Vhembe district of the Limpopo Province of South Africa was established in 1982. The university has ever experienced tremendous growth and change. From its early years, staff members were drawn from various backgrounds in South Africa but by 1994 staff members were increasingly recruited from other African countries and overseas.
The presence on campus of staff from diverse backgrounds created a unique atmosphere and a fertile environment for new ideas and a capacity for change.
During this time the institution remained a traditional university that offered a full-range of courses straddling the humanities, social sciences, natural and applied sciences.
With the advent of democracy in 1994 and a new leadership at the helm, Univen embarked on a process of accelerated transformation. From 1995 the university shifted its focus to science and technology, resulting in the introduction of new programmes with an increase in student enrolment in the natural and applied sciences.
In 2002, the Department of Education mandated the institution to transform into a comprehensive university that offers career-focused programmes. Prior to its new mandate, Univen had already taken a step to establish some career-focused programmes with emphasis on science and technology.
During each stage of transformation the university aligned its vision and mission to the needs of the community at local, regional, national, continental and international levels. This process of transformation created significant changes in administrative governance and in the size and shape of the curriculum. It also attracted better qualified staff and resulted in improved student profile.
To date the university has established itself as a national asset through its niche on problem oriented, project based curriculum with a strength in nurturing under prepared students into nationally competitive graduates. The university has therefore become an important player in the South African higher education landscape, contributing significantly to the human resources and development needs of the country and region.
For More Information You May Visit The University Website https://www.univen.ac.za/
- Do Not Forget To Share This Article with Others.