How to Apply to an International University in Italy in 2022;- Italy is a wonderful country, and as an international student, you can travel as well as study there.
How to Apply to an International University in Italy in 2022
Italy is a great place to study because it is home to one of the oldest universities in the world, the University of Bologna, which also founded the modern university system.
Check out some helpful information regarding the admissions process before you begin applying to a prestigious Italian university.
1. Italian universities to consider for your studies
Consider these prestigious Italian universities while planning your study abroad experience:
- Police Institute of Milan
- Management School at SDA Bocconi
- Torino Politecnico
- Pisa University
- College of Padova
- Bolzano University of Free Studies
- University of the Sacred Heart
- Rome’s Tor Vergata University
- Look into additional institutions offering English-taught Masters in Italy. How to Apply to an International University in Italy
2. Prepare to apply
Before applying to a university in Italy, you will first need to check if your qualifications are considered eligible for higher education studies:
Check the tuition fees and living costs. Italy’s cities may be stunning, but depending on your financial restrictions, they may also be very expensive.
Make contact with the university you are interested in and request a preliminary evaluation.
If you meet the prerequisites for admission, the institution will provide feedback on your eligibility; in that case, you must submit a pre-application request to the Italian embassy or consulate in your region.
Your application and supporting documentation will be forwarded to the Italian higher education institution you selected by the Italian embassy or consulate.
A list of visas issued by the Italian embassy or consulate includes:
Don’t forget to look for scholarships in Italy. Check out the Studyportals Scholarship as well if you need assistance paying for your studies abroad.
3. Advice for applying to colleges
Students who have been accepted are typically rated according to their grade point average (GPA) from prior coursework. Find out from your preferred universities what GPA is required to be eligible for the degree you want to pursue.
In order to get admitted to particular specialized disciplines of study, including as;
For a total of twelve years of study, students from nations where entrance to universities is available after 10 or 11 years of study must demonstrate that they have successfully completed all required exams for two or one year.
4. Language requirements for the Italian university application
Study programs taught in both Italian and English are offered by Italian universities. The majority of English study options, however, are offered at the postgraduate level (Master’s and PhD programs).
You might be able to apply for degrees taught in Italian at select universities in Italy while doing the assignments and tests in English. The language exams that Italian colleges allow are as follows:
Italian proficiency tests
- The CILS exam is available at Italian Institutes of Culture and in Italy.
- CELI – test at authorized testing sites in collaboration with the University of Perugia
Language exams in English
- iBT TOEFL
- Academic IELTS
- Academic PTE
- Advanced C1
Students who can prove that English was the medium of instruction of their Bachelor’s degree (at least for three years) are exempted from providing any English language certification. How to Apply to an International University in Italy
5. Required university application documents
- Identity proof
- a passport-style photo
- College transcript
- application to a university
- Detailed descriptions of study programs and courses (must contain the number of hours of the courses or training activities that you have completed according to your academic curriculum)
- recommendation letter
- Motivational letter
- linguistic ability (English or Italian)
- Portfolio (only for applicants to architecture, urban planning, or any design programme)
- official SAT or ACT score
6. University application deadlines in Italy
Contact the Italian embassy or consulate between mid-April and mid-may to request a Letter of Academic Eligibility and Suitability (Dichiarazione di Valoro in Loco).
Each institution may have a different application deadline, so be sure to verify with the school you’re interested in before applying. How to Apply to an International University in Italy
Read Also: Top10 Best Hospitals in Germany