UCT Online Application 2021/2022, Find detailed information about University of Cape Town (UCT) Online Application 2021/2022 and admission procedure for both South African students and international students into undergraduate, Masters, Diploma and Certificates programmes.
Applications for undergraduate study are open from 1 May until 31 August 2021. No late applications are possible.
For further information regarding the application cycle timeline, please see Key Dates.
National Benchmark Tests
Except for applicants to programmes in the Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment, all undergraduate applicants who are normally resident in South Africa, or are doing their schooling in South Africa, must write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs). If you wish to be considered for a conditional offer by the Faculty of Health Sciences, you must write the NBTs by 31 August 2021; if you write the NBTs after 31 August, you will only be considered for an offer in early 2022 after your final examination results are received. The final date to write the NBTs for admission to UCT is 2 October 2021.
Registration for the NBTs, which include the selection of a test mode, date and, where appropriate, a venue, must be completed online with the National Benchmark Test Project.
South African undergraduate applicants for need-based funding must submit their applications online to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
Please remember to submit your application as soon as possible after starting the online application.
Most postgraduate programmes containing coursework close on 31 October 2021, with the exception of a few programmes and faculties which start to close from May onward. Please refer to the 2021 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants or the 2022 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for the closing dates applicable to you.
Applications for research-only postgraduate programm do not close. Please select the year in which you wish to start your programme when applying.
NOTE: Supported internet browsers are Internet Explorer 11, Firefox (version 60 and higher), Edge (version 42 and higher) and Chrome (version 69 and higher). Unsupported browsers are not fully compatible and may prevent you from completing and/or submitting your online application.
SEMESTER STUDY ABROAD
First semester: applications open in the first week of August and close on 31 October of the preceding year.
Second semester: applications open in the second week of January and close on 30 April of the same year.
For further information, visit Semester Study Abroad and UCT Term Calendar.
- First semester starts at UCT.
- The National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) will open for registrations for the 2022 intake.
- Applications for admission in 2022 will open. Applications will close on 31 August 2021 for all undergraduate programmes.
- 2021 Virtual Open Day.
- All undergraduate applications close. We do not accept late applications.
- Applications for student housing close.
- National Student Funding Assistance Scheme (NSFAS) funding applications open. You must apply online.
- Closing date for undergraduate programme changes.
- For applicants finishing secondary school in 2021, all grade 12 interim results, or predicted scores in the case of non-NSC candidates, are due.
- Interim and past transcripts for transferring applicants are due.
- Last date to apply for National Student Funding Assistance Scheme (NSFAS) funding. You must apply online.